Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Favorite MLK Jr. Quote

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

There's no way to tell what Dr. King meant by that statement.  But I know it was more than Pollyannaish foolish optimism.  He's not saying he believes or has faith that the world will not go to pieces and will therefore plant a tree.  He's saying "even if I knew" things were falling apart he would still take the long view, get down in the dirt, and do something organic and basic.


If Armageddon were indeed upon us would you run around screaming, pulling your hair out?  Or simply continue trying to relieve suffering in the world by becoming more awake in that moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Constructive Comments Are Welcome!