Financial services marketing powerhouse, Genworth Financial, conducted a recent survey- the LifeJacket Study -to assess what you and I think. The numbers below surprised me . . . because they support what I've always believed: most of us want a one-stop shop when it comes to financial services, and, many of us let things slide until it's too late. (Genworth Financial is probably best known for its life and long term care insurance. They are usually in the top three when I do my Top 12 company search for life and long term care clients. They have the best rates for tobacco users too.) Here are the numbers.
Genworth's LifeJacket Study revealed surprising statistics about the current life insurance marketplace:
- 52 million Americans with household incomes between $50,000 and $250,000 do not have coverage [they think they're immortal]
- 40% of those who have insurance don't think they have enough
- $155,000 is the national average death benefit [better than nothing!]
66% of consumers believe that a financial adviser should offer
life insurance as part of their overall financial strategy [emphasis mine]*
- 60% of respondents who own life insurance want to meet with their adviser at least once a year [I must have the other 40%!]
- 77% indicated that they don't expect their annual review to be a lengthy meeting – an hour or less will do [ I feel the same way. Honest. I'm military about ending on time.]
The LifeJacket Study reveals valuable insights needed to educate and motivate yourself to help secure your financial future, to preserve your wealth. Download the study to learn more.
I'm a firm believer in self-education!
*The way regulatory trends are going, I think soon only licensed financial advisers will be able to recommend life insurance to the public due to the inherent & profound fiduciary responsibility such a recommendation entails. Few of us have the patience to find & evaluate the top dozen policies in any given State. And the Top 12 will vary widely for each individual because each company has its marketing sweet spot, the segment of the population in which it thinks it can best compete.