Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

All Advertising Works

This heading is, of course, a myth.  And I'll base my position not by citing scientific research nor academic studies.  I'm basing it merely on my personal experience and the assumption that I am not the only one in the world whose mind works this way.  Although I've been told the contrary.
Are you paying a fortune for pop-up and scrolling banner ads or those obnoxious "bad-breath"* videos that hog your target audience's bandwidth and hinder their work efficiency?  I hope not.  Because my mind doesn't even see them anymore.  But even if your ad makes it far enough into my consciousness for me to recognize and remember your brand, that is not a good thing.  It is a demerit, prompting me to block you forever.


*i.e. as unexpected, unpleasant and unwanted as bad breath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Constructive Comments Are Welcome!